CostPerform in detail
Basics | Allocation methods | Calculation functions | Multi dimensional | Whiteboards | Dashboards | Data entry | User management | Importing data | Export data | Reporting | Charts | Interactive analysis | Pivot | What if analysis | Web based portal | Scripting | IT architecture
- Multiple cost accounting methods.
- Create your own cost accounting method.
- Capacity and time driven ABC calculations.
- Activity-based budgeting, forecasting and simulations.
- Multiple cost models, multiple periods per model.
- Multidimensional and conditional cost allocations.
- Multidimensional net margin analysis.
- Push costs object to objects using any unit of measurement.
- Push costs to multiple objects by distribution.
- Pull costs by a target object using a cost driver.
- Pull costs by multiple objects by distribution and cost driver.
- Pull costs by conditional driver. Logic-based assignments.
- Push and pull reciprocally.
- Aggregate costs to parents via object hierarchy.
- Push to and pull from Big Data (transactions); also conditional using query search logic.
- Shadow values to gain extra insight in your costs.
- Use costs at rate.
- Use a full costing rate.
- Use a given or calculated rate.
- Use an additional charge.
- Conditional / rule based.
- Multidimensional allocations, pull and push.
- Reciprocal calculations of costs and capacity needs.
- Powerful validation of errors.
- Handle large sets of input data like sales transactions, order lines, etc.
- Allocate to multiple dimensions like "Product", "Customer", "Sales channel", "Country of sale", etc.
- Auto update cost models straight from the transactions and update the transactions with costs-per-dimension values, total costs value, and margin value.
- The result tables are stored in the CostPerform database, ready to be analyzed in the pivot function and be picked up by any OLAP tool for analysis.
- Stable on memory, regardless of the number of transactions to process.
- PowerPoint style presentations linked to cost model results.
- Display any value in a graphical manner.
- Use hyperlinks to refer to other whiteboards, bookmarks and more.
- An excellent tool to communicate results with your internal clients.
- Setup and execute what-if scenario's on every costmodel/period.
- Any combination of object and (input) attribute can be used as an input meter.
- Change input values to see the effect on the requested output values.
- Get answers to questions like: "What happens with the unit cost of product X if the expected sales volume drops by 10%" and: "How many extra FTEs do we need to fulfill this new order".
- Complete manual data entry possible, Excel style.
- Custom data entry screens / tabs.
- Flexible columns display.
- Web based data entry via Portal.
- Work flow controlled acceptance of changes.
- Multilingual user interface.
- Multi user.
- Multi role (admin, developer, viewer and portal users).
- Set access to lowest object level.
- User specific desktop and folder structures.
- Load profiles / sub sets of models.
- Grant access based on attribute values / conditional access.
- Extract Transfer and Load tool inside to automatically Import complete cost models.
- Extensive and user friendly data integration tools (wizard style, task list based, drag and drop).
- Import from Excel, CVS, TXT and OBDC compliant database.
- Application Programmer Interface available to handle complex data cleaning and conversion situations.
- Export complete cost models.
- Export all data with user defined formats and task lists.
- Export with multi-layer auto-format for easy dumping data to OLAP tools.
- Export full allocation paths to and OLAP cubes format (Excel, Qlikview, Cognos etc).
- Application Programmer Interface available write reports to Excel in exactly the format required.
- Built-in report generator for listed reports.
- Alternative costs flows via shadow attributes.
- Built-in pivot tables and graphs.
- Interactive rollup and drilldown reports.
- Bookmark and publish reports.
- Browse reports via HTML, CSV, TXT, XLSX and via the Web Portal.
- Electronic whiteboard to create model-linked PowerPoint style management reports.
- Built-in charts generator.
- Bars, scatters, pies, lines, areas, waterfall charts.
- Easy to customize and save.
- Export to PNG format.
- Bookmark and publish on the Web portal.
- Graphic cost flow generator.
- Graphic object navigator.
- Detailed Rollup and drill down analysis.
- Built-in Pivot table handler.
- Audit trail capability.
- Trace back to objects origin.
- Easy to understand.
- Pivot attributes until you reach the information you need.
- Save and reuse pivot settings.
- Assign pivot settings to users.
- Export pivot to Excel.
- Bookmark and publish pivot on the Web portal.
- Easy to use, no setup required.
What if analysis
- Calculate cause and effect.
- Show results in charts.
- Conditional formatting on whiteboard for scorecard style reporting.
- Combined screens of dashboards and whiteboards.
Web based portal
- Data capture via tablet.
- Workflow controlled input.
- Reporting via publications.
- Browsing and analyzing results.
- Recalculate models.
- API for scripted task automation, data conversion and specific functionality.
- Start a script via the command line.
- Start script via custom icons.
- Create additional functionality yourself.
- Library with more than 50 scripts available.
- Three-tier architecture.
- Windows client.
- JBoss application server included.
- Databases supported: SQL server, Oracle.
- Standalone option.
- Written on the Java platform.