Create and use your own costing method | Forecasting costs and capacity needs | Multidimensional capabilities | Capture and process budget information | Simulations and scenario analysis | Monitor variances/variance analysis | Analyze periodic results/performance | Report on performance | Feed results to systems | Conditional distribution
Create and use your own costing method
- Unlike every other cost management software, CostPerform is not limited to any one costing methodology.
- Use simple push style methods or advanced smart, rule based, capacity driver methods.
- Create the costing method that fits your needs and data availability.
- Grow to a better costing method step by step.
- Use CostPerform for operational as well as strategic purposes.
- No limits in terms of method complexity
Forecasting costs and capacity needs
- Use your pull model to forecast future costs based on expected volumes.
- Estimate cost and capacity needs.
- Rolling forecasts possible.
- User friendly interface.
- Easy to use.
- Analyze your outputs from multiple perspectives
- Automatically generate cost objects from your transaction file
- Conditional allocation to high volume transaction-based datasets.
- Automatic update of content and attributes.
- Multidimensional, pivot style analysis of allocated costs revenues and margins.
Capture and process budget information
- Contact colleagues and request update on budget parameters via the Web portal.
- Budget owners can change their parameters and calculate the effect on costs, unit costs and capacity needs versus availability.
- Each parameter change request is routed via a workflow control mechanism for controlled acceptance or rejection of proposed budget changes.
- Dead line signaling and mail messaging status of the budget process.
Simulations and scenario analysis
- Create unlimited numbers of scenarios.
- Change volumes, consumption rates or any other variable.
- Calculate and compare scenarios to gain understanding of the underlying costs and capacity effects.
- Dashboard style interface
Monitor variances/variance analysis
- Compare budget-actual-allowed costs and capacity
- Analyze Price-efficiency-volume effects
- Analyze commercial variance effects (price/volume)
- Customize the analysis to your own requirements.
- Report in a Powerpoint style.
Analyze periodic results/performance
- Cross-model and cross-period reporting.
- Compare cost, unit cost and any other variable between periods.
- Charts apply to multi-period reporting.
- Pivot table function usable for multi-period analysis.
Report on performance
- Whiteboard function to present scorecard style performance reports.
- Automatic periodic publication to the web portal.
- Automatic periodic mailing of performance results (scorecards, lists etc).
Feed results to systems
- Use CostPerform as calculation engine and integrate its outputs with your existing ERP and or reporting platforms.
- Flexible in its output formats.
- Application programmers interface (API) for exact output formats and automatic population of databases.
- Available OLAP exports for easy integration with OLAP reporting tools.
- CostPerform can assign cost by using conditional distribution.
- Distribution means you can assign to a folder and distribute to the children of that folder based on a distribution driver.
- Instead of distributing to all children of a folder, you can also distribute conditionally when a condition is met, i.e. when a product belongs to a certain product group.
- Distribution in general and conditional distribution in particular will smooth a model's period refresh and will be much more intuitive to an end-user compared to 'normal' assignments.